Honda idling ruff

chris1112

I have a 1994 Honda accord that has 210,000 miles on it. The car has started to idling ruff. The car has slight hesitation when you first start. When you are driving the car at about 1700 rpms the car has a slight stutter but other then that the car runs fine.

There are no warning lights that are coming on. I have changed the air filter, spark plug wires, spark plugs, fuel filter, checked for vacuum leaks, and made sure that the egr valve opens and closes properly. Any body got any ideas on what could be causing the car to run like this.

Do you have an aftermarket intake on it. Because until I installed mine it didn't do that but afterward it started to kinda hesitate right around 2000 rpms.. It hasn't done anything to my car which btw has 227,000 miles. If you have aftermarket intake, then it's probably just a lot of air is getting in through the MAFS so it's pushing more fuel to make up for the extra air.

I have a 94 Accord also with 227,000 miles. Totally stock engine and just did a full tune up about 10,000 miles ago to get rid of my ruff idle. No luck. Mine still idles ruff also. I was told I might need to clean my throttle body. I am planning on trying that today after I install my Eibach Pro Kit. So I will post and let you know if it works.

When was the last time you did a tune up on it: Plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, fuel filter, air filter, oil change, etc. It would probably help if you change out the plugs, and wires along with the distributor accessories, and it very well could be the fuel filter or injectors.. Check those and see if that helps..

• 2 months later...
I have a 1994 Honda accord that has 210,000 miles on it. The car has started to idling ruff. The car has slight hesitation when you first start. When you are driving the car at about 1700 rpms the car has a slight stutter but other then that the car runs fine.

There are no warning lights that are coming on. I have changed the air filter, spark plug wires, spark plugs, fuel filter, checked for vacuum leaks, and made sure that the egr valve opens and closes properly. Any body got any ideas on what could be causing the car to run like this.

My sons car did the same thing. Honda told him to clean out the throttlebody even though it was replaced a year ago :-" . It wound up being a clogged EGR valve. You can test for this by simply unplugging the power clip and disconnecting the vacumn line from the unit. This bypasses the valve completely and if this is your problem the car will immediately run great again.

Archived