Liscense plate

whitemike

if your state requires a front plate, then you'll most likely get pulled over for having it in the window. if you're concerned about wrecking the paint with the front plate on, you can get a piece that puts the front plate on a slant so it does not hit the bumper cover.

• 1 month later...
i have an integra an was woundering if anyone knows if its legal to have ur front license plate put in ur front winshield? i never rele have gotten a striaght answer from anyone about it..Thanks

O YEH I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA

I don't know about CA laws but, I have something to share and this happened in NJ so it must be prohibited here. Not unless the cop wanted to raise additional revenue for the county.

Incidentally, our company accountant while cruising along the parkway on his way for work had his front license plate fell off. Since, he didn't have the tools or screws to put it back on again. This guy had no choice but to put it on his dashboard in front of the windshield where it is visible. He got pulled over by a Parkway trooper and got a ticket for not having his license plate properly installed.

He argued that if fell off and he didn't have the resources to do that at the time as he was on his way to work. Still, he got the ticket and the officer insisted that it won't affect his insurance premium. He wanted to fight the ticket at first but someone advised him other than the cop who wrote the ticket that it is more practical not to fight it out and just pay the fine more or less, $70.

Guess what? Eventually, his car insurance premium still went up the roof. The moral llesson he learned from this event is that he should have fought the ticket and made sure that his license plate is secured properly.

Thanks.

Archived