B16a2 Swap For 92 Civic

RJJ

how much would the labor and bolt kits etc. cost to install a b16a2 engine into a 92 civic coupe 5spd non vx

i saw the engine at http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/ what are the best pistons for a 175 shot of nos?How quite is N1 exaust from Apex i or Bomz? How much is it to install a used turbo? How much is it for a used non ball bearing turbo? Can I install the turbo or engine myself? My step-dad is going to get a 60's cobra kit car and he's installing his engine by himself but he used to own race cars.

god damn dude!!!

ok, the labor costs will vary depending on where you get it done. shops usually charge between 50 and 70 dollars an hour for labor...i'm not sure what pistons would be best for 175 shot of nitrous, but damn dude. your gonna blow that engine up with a 175 shot of nitrous. unless you really really build up the internals (all of em, not just pistons) and you'd still be up into the danger level. depending on your expeience with cars you should be able to install a turbo or do an engine swap yourself. if your step dad is gonna be swapping engines in his cobra then you obviously have the help you need, and the tools aswell. get him to help you out with all this.

i tried to answer all the questions that i could...at least give some feedback on them anyway. good luck, and it sounds like a nice little project for you. keep us posted!

Man the NOS induces comps on that b16 are gonna bust the damn block. :o You better get Rock solid rods, heads, header. You're gonna light it man. Stick with the Turbo, and tune it from there. Only AFTER you get the gate belching right (maybe even get it variable) test with Lighter NOS shots.

Keep us posted.

You might do better with a B18C or if you're really ambitious an H22. 170-high 190s might get you most of the way there but the swap is difficult. That box could take the 175 shot and the turbo, but go at it the same way, do them seperately and test the phukk out of the turbo and time your gate well. Again, variable gate timing would be preferred so you can fine tune your gulps. Then once you're cool with the turbo add the shots, increasing the injection with each push.

I was talking to my mechanic at TopSpeed here in Chicago, she told me (yes she's VERY cute) that to swapping for a Prelude motor is hard and gets heavy. Sounds to me like lots of money and probable understeer problems. And if it's lowered already, "good luck!"

'course, rubbin' is racin' right? 8)

would this shot be safe on a JDM civic R engine with a new fuel economy chip and a old turbo maybe HKS the nos system i would like to use is venom 2000 nos which is computer controlled to shut off if something goes wrong I beleive would the JDM civic R engine turbo be safe with a 175 shot of nos i really dont want a b18 sence it adds weight but if the GS-R doesn't add to much weight and could withstand the nitrous then i guess that would be ok to

ok since your not listening to me here is a good setup for you.

1992 GSR DOHC VTEC Motor

Crower Cams

Crower Valves

Crower Valve Springs

DC Sports Cam Sprockets

Skyline GT-R Turbo

HKS Blow Off Valve

HKS Wastegate

HKS Piping

HKS Turbo Header

Flex-a-lite Oil Cooler and Fuel Cooler

C&R Racing Radiator

ITR Pistons

Multi Angle Valve JOb

Ported and Polished

Clutch Master Stage 2 Clutch

Clutch Master Stage 2 Flywheel

DC Sports Short Shifter

A'PEXi N1 Racing Exhaust System

thats pretty much will do u really well and u shoudl run low 14s with that setup

what about JDM integra TYPE R engine my friends has one with a GReddy turbo and he says he could put nos and it with its stock pistons and headers and everything without a problem and his friend with a spoon engine uses 150 shots and get 9s on his 97 civic hatchback.

I really dont want to spend almost 5 grand on a integra TYPE R engine or a lot more for a 400hp spoon engine.

So what enginge can i run 175 shot of nitrous on a engine without to many upgrades because they cause to much money.

the engines i would wanted from japan would preferably have a si-R B16a2

if i put different headers and spoon pistons on a B16a2 how high a nitrous shot could I put in it cosidering im using a turbo the system will shoot a shot from 10hp - 175hp for a venom nos 2000 system

my other friend uses a 500 shot in his old vette

okay, if its an A2 that's out of a delsol, but its jdm...... it should drop right in. and if its a 92, all 92's have vtec wires..... thoughs who say no, haven't done there engine swaps enough. but yeah, it should be a drop in, and spend 70 to 150 for an engine lift and do it ur self, and with a case of beer, and 4 of ur buds. only thing to worry about is the shift link, that is the only thing u might have a problem with. but yeah, drop in motor.

the Integra TYPE R would be the best is what my friend said but hes rich but I could still get with about 8 and a half months of pay

is venom 2000 nos dry or wet?

its wet i do believe. and its also one of the best most sophisticated (sp?...come on now, i know i spelled it wrong) nitrous systems on the market...if not the best/most sophisticated (there it goes again). you gotta really know what you doing with that system, and you also have to have a good computer i think?

Archived