88 CRX Si

Creeman

I just bought it a week ago and it started most of the time but once in a while it wouldnt start or I should say the engine doesnt turn over. The starter seems to be OK because when I try to start it theres no starter click or any noise at all. When I did get it started it would start as long as it was still warm. The battery is new and I believe the starter is good and I suspect the ignition switch or there is a switch under the steering column called "active starter cut-off" switch. Anyone have any ideas?

I could be wrong, but it does sound to me like the battery is junk. doing landscaping, around fall time, i run into the problem of the machines battery not having enough juice to start it. As i keep trying, the battery actually comes back to life without jumping it. i would try getting a larger battery, before getting into the electronics of ur car.

Alternator is OK. Does anyone know how to bypass the ignition switch to the starter, and if it starts I would think the problem is in the ignition switch.

Problem solved, it was the "active starter cut-off" switch, I bypassed that and it starts every time now. One of those wiered things, thought I'd post it in case anyone else might have the same problem.

Archived