"Wet" Windows ....

aidanodr

Hi Guys,

I have a 98 Integra - jap import [ just got it ]. I have owned various honda's in the past - 2 Crx, 1 Civic, 1 older integra. The one thing I notice about the Honda's I have had is that the Windows inside suffer from Condensation, particularly in Winter. If I go out in the morning and use the wipers to clear the outside I find the inside to be WET and fogged. Use a cloth to clean and then let it dry with air con, but streaks prevail. If I left the aircon alone to clear it would take 10 minutes or so. Clear the window with cloth and its very wet.

Anyone else have this issue?

Cheers

Aidanodr [ Irish Honda Owner ]

PS - I recently previously had a Mitsuibishi Lancer [ kitted ], nice car, but a f***head came out of a garage on my left straight into me - onto a 60mph road and totalled my Mitsuibishi. So saw this Integra - very nice and bought. This Window prob was not an issue with the Lancer.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input. I should also have said I discovered a water leak last weekend. The area around the feet of the driver was soaked under the carpet, particularly the Soundproofing behind the pedals - sponge back. I brought the car to my mechanic - over the pit she went - and found that the grommits under the car by the front wheels either side were loose AND a bit of rust around the holes they were in. We put them back in, along with silicone. Hopefully this should solve the leak. Meanwhile I took out the soundproofing [ with considerable effort I might add ] - this is in the Hot Press at the mo, drying off. I then folded back the carpet [ soaked under neath ] and have been driving around all day with the heat directed at my feet. Needless to say I do not have COLD FEET :)

I assume that however long this leak was there would contribute to the internal side of the windows getting fogged up / damp / wet?

I'd say it is a recent leak - I only got the car a month ago - a japanese import. We here in Ireland - as you may know - get allllooooootttt of rain and damp weather.

Hey 97accordjdm:

"use the defrost and a/c to make the window unfog."

What do you mean Defrost AND A/C? I have A/C or not [ button push ], a recycle or not air button and buttons for where to blow the air plus a heater button for the back window - thats it. Stupid question - maybe - Where is the defrost button?

So thats the update,

Happy Christmas by the way,

Cheers

Aidanodr

A/C dries the air that it puts out (hence "conditioning") which is why it clears the glass faster than just heat. It's the moisture in the air that cause the fog in the first place. The moisture inside your car will have a lot to do with the fogging problem.

Archived