New Clutch

i have a 1995 honda civic ex (thats the 1.6l 16v vtec) thats all stock. i kinda messed up my stock clutch and so now i'm thinking about just getting a aftermarket clutch to replace it burned up stock one. my question(s) is:

what stage should i go with? my car is 100 percent stock as i said so i don't think i need a heavy duty clutch (yet)...i was thinking about a stage one street clutch from clutch masters or act. which leads me to my next question.

what company? i've heard mixed opinions about clutch masters, but they seem like a good company. act also runs along the same lines. another company i have heard is exedy, i forgot exactly who recommended them to me. what do you guys think?

and finally...what do you guys have? if you have a aftermarket/performance clutch what do you have? any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanx guys

Doug

noe shouldnt be hard to drive. its just getting a stage 2 will save u money cause u wont have to pay for a stage 1 clutch and a stage 2 clutch both. so just get that cause i take it your gona put performance products on your car so it will be easier for you

well...here's my plans basically.

1. i need a clutch not (kinda) so i'm just gonna go ahead and get one.

2. 17' tenzo mean 6 wheels with yokohama tires

3. lower it with some teins (or is it tiens?) thinking a 2' drop will do me fine

4. the usual suspects (cai, exhaust, maybe headers)

5. exterior mods: body kit, gtr wing (maybe, maybe not..might go with something smaller) maybe a light kit for the bottom

6. interior stuff: sparco seats, racing seat belts, shift knob/e-brake handle...etc.

7. system: two 12's pushin say 1000 watts

then i think my car will be pretty hooked up...and after i do all that i'm gonna be faced with a decision. should i just continue puttin stuff on the honda (turbo it and do internals...etc) or trade it in for my dream car...mitsubishi 3000gt vr-4 twin turbo (ohhh sooo beautiful). i'm thinking i'll just stick with the honda and continue puttin stuff on it.

i don't think that i'll need a stage 2 clutch until i decide to put a turbo on it, which is way down the line. so i'm thinking just the clutch masters stage one will do me just fine until then...right?

The clutch decision is on you but Floored is right, when you start adding power adders on your car the stage one will burn out quicker than the stage two. The stage one will be just fine for the power you are making now and say you just add a few things like a CAI and an exhaust. If you plan on getting any more add on than that just get the stage two now and save yourself some cash later on.

About the VR-4 TT. Oh yeah, nice ride. If or when you get the car beware of the weak trannys on those cars. If that car has a weak point, it is the tranny. Oh and my 2 cents, trade her in and get the VR-4. You won't regret it when you start break boosting on the highway and going holycrap why am I going so fast? :laugh:

ok...so with cai headers and exhaust i'm gonna need a stage 2? wtf...i'm just gonna get a stage two. clutch masters stage 2 to be exact. sound good? and is my ride gonna be really rough when i shift? harder to shift? or more specifically...harder to clutch?

yeah man, i was talking to a guy at work the other day (he was a customer) and he had a 97 3kgt vr4 so i walked out to the parking lot with him to have a look at it. it was all stock (except for some inside stuff...no power adders though) and i asked him how fast he's gotten it up to. he smiled and was like "just to give you an example...it goes 105mph in 3rd when you hit the red. and i've gotten it up to 150 before my radar detector went off and i slowed down. i have gone up that high since though." i was like GOD DAMN!!!! my car only does about 115 in 4th...and thats pretty much top speed. :(

only thing sexier than ashley is a 98 3000gt vr4 with that NICE rear wing.

Archived