B18 In A 89-91 Crx

im new.. but i know a decent amount about honda's. im not sure how good this forum is, but if was wonder if anyone has done this swap? im in need of a track car, and dont want to beat the crap out of my daily driver (85 rx7) im into the rotary scene, but its too expensive, and to see low 14's you need to open the motor up. i know a stock ls (b18) in a crx is good for high 14's stock. im looking for mid to low 13's when its first running, then i will go from there. my friend has a ls motor he is selling me for $75 and all it needs it a head gasket because it over heated. im going to completely rebuild it (new crankshaft, cams, pistons, valve, lightweight flywheel, ect) and drop it into a crx. im just wondering on what all is involved in doing this. i know motor mounts, ecu, and shift linkage. what else is there? or is that it? i know the tranny doesnt bolt up, but im going with a gsr tranny if i can find one. i know the swap itself doenst take too long. i just need to know whats involved. any help is greatly appreciated

f*ck this forums.. this crap sucks... ive waited almost a week, in too different threads, and no one has said crap.. ive searched.. noting.. and i bet, just when i decide to talk crap is when i get 134234234 replies.. its all good though...

i was just posting to said nevermind, i dont need the help. ive decided to pull a 13b n/a out of a second gen rx7 and put it in my 85 with a streetport and a header that will connect to my existing exhaust. this will be making me over 200hp.. naturally aspirated in a 2000lb car that is geared really low. maybe it wont be as fast as the crx.. but atleast im staying with my rotary motor. i still have respect for honda.. but the crap is just too expensive for me right now after i looked into it

yeah dude, the b18's are really expensive. i think on average they will run you about 4500 to 4900 dollars. thats more than i paid for my car (a 1995 civic ex)

as for your bashing of the forums...maybe you just want info on stuff that not a lot of people know about...personally i have never seen anybody put a b18 into a crx. (btw: the b18's are gsr's not ls's) so i can't answer any of your questions...there are some people on this forum that could help you out a little bit, but as of right now they seem to be away. (zcrex for example)

your rx7 project sounds pretty bad ass dude, i can only aspire to make my civic as good as a 2000lbs car running 200 horses. what would you guestimate the horsepower to be after you put a turbo on it? if you put a turbo on it that is. running any nitrous? or are you just gonna leave that out? got any 1/4 mile times to share with us?

and let me apoligize for the forums lack of feedback to your thread, but as i stated above...your asking about stuff not a lot of people know about and this forum is rather small as of right now. we are growing though!

Archived