would v-afc work.

i was just reading up on the s-afc and v-afc fuel controllers by apex. it stated on the web that v-afc, even though its for vtec engines, is a better choice to purchase for non-vtec engines because of extra settings. Has anyone experienced with these. Also, are these fuel controllers for modified engines only?? i have mainly bolt-ons, but even if i dont need one, i would still like to know. Do they dramatically increase acceleration, or is it just more fuel for more air?

all it is, is a way of adjusting what your air/fuel ratio is pretty much. so if you are running a good a/f ratio then you dont really have a use for it. when you have a more built motor, you need to change your fuel curves and maps and such, to compensate for the added performance. It probably could help you some, but i dont know if it would be worth the price. also, its usually better to go w/ a better tuning software such as hondata incase you ever do decide to go FI. afc doesnt even compare.

ok, i was also reading on the hondata s200 and s300, i dont know about all those maps and grids and curves just yet, im still learning. but i didnt know that the vafc and hondata would do the same thing. The hondata does way more things, but i thought you could run both, but now you say taht hondata would do just as much as the vafc plus a whole lot more? i guess there would be no point in a vafc if u have a hondata s300, huh

s300 just came out like a month ago. its stil not real big yet, best bet would be to go w/ s200 i think. also i am selling an older model of hondata its stage 2b. they dont make ti anymore, but it has most of the functions that s200 has, minus datalogging, if you want a cheap way to start off, but it has all the maps and boost option

Archived