???

hesperiandeathhorse(lol)

Alright, I signed up for a sponsorship contest. From what I understand they pick a select number of people across the United States for a complete automotive makeover...supposedly HIN is providing the works. I was all for it until I found out, after the fact, that everyone who enters is up for a quasi-sponsorship and/or full sponsorship from any of the brands. Heres the queer part, the company running this thing is carsponsorships.com which is not a member of the BBB, this company is going to charge all accepted applicants a processing fee of 89 dollars upon the signing of the contracts. Now, I did this because I was bored, I wasn't looking into it seriously...thought "what the hell, maybe I'll get lucky." Have any of you made this mistake and lived through it...or is it even a real mistake in the first place. I figure if one or two of the companies provide a quasi I'll get their parts at price (one of the claims offered by the website). Now, this site looks legit and I ran a background check through the BBB and they found only 11 cases in which someone was unhappy with the services rendered...10 of which were resolved. I'm only looking to complete my audio system and pick up a few suspension mods out of this. Just wondering if I'll get anything, save a bill for 89 dollars.

I'd ask that everyone cross their fingers and hope that it all blows over and no one takes advantage of one bored-stupor driven mistake.

Are you absolutely positive that it's a scam? Not that I'm dissapointed, I just want to know if you know anyone who has been screwed by them...I don't plan on paying anything until I start getting some information. I wish I hadn't given them my information...what can they do with my name, mailing address, and credit card number? I'm f*cking worried now.

well, they have sent me a lot of contracts to sign and a bunch of information regarding my "sponsorships" I still haven't done anything but print it all out. I went ahead and sent them an e-mail explaining my suspicions and I've asked them for some sort of feedback providing evidence of legitimacy. Sorry if you guys don't care about this, I figure if anything...someone else could learn from my potential mistake.

From what I understand, I have a full sponsorship from both Gila films (window tint and accessories) and Max it out video, along with a 500 dollar cash sponsorship package from Carsponsorships.com, then I have several partial sponsorships from VerticalDoors Inc. (the first completely bolt on vertical door applications), from BlaupunktUSA, from StreetFX (neon lighting...bleh!), R Blox sound dampening materials, Dunlop tires, Tsunami Audio, and the forms to complete if I wanna take my car to the HIN car show for free.

If they can offer me peace of mind before I sign anything and pay their fees, I'll definitely take them up on their offer. They sent me pricing on vouchers from all the partial sponsorships and the discounts are unreal. I'll keep the forum up to date on my dealings with them and if all goes well, I'd probably advise others to give them a try.

Nah dude! my friend signed up for that and it's legit, but none of the sponsorships are worth a damn and you have to promote cheap crap. I'd say try and get out of it, either ignore them and change your card number or e-mail them and tell them you want out.

Yeah, I just read the terms and conditions I agreed to and I don't owe them a cent until I am awarded a sponsorship...which means I'd have to accept it and sign the contract to finalize the whole thing. No worries for me mate I'm clear sailing. Don't worry about responding to this thread anylonger, I am bored with it.

Archived