Hmmm

meowkins

How embarrassing to be a member of this and know nothing about it. I think a civic is what i want... anyone have pics or a site or something that would let me start to figure out what i want? I have about 11,000 dllars to spend....

help me out guys :(

:heart: meowkins

sarah

what kinda civic do you want...hatchback, coupe, 4dr...all kinds of stuff to choose from...also you might want to consider what you plan to do with the car. if you want to go for performance then i suggest getting a slightly older (maybe a 92-95, 5th gen) and spending what money you have left on performance parts.

you should expect to pay about $4-5000 for a 5th gen coupe (ex, dx and lx might/should be a little cheaper, but go for the ex if your going for performance) which would leave you with about 6000 dollars to spend on performance parts.

or...you could buy something like a 92-95 civic dx or lx and swap a b series engine into it...there are all kinds of options...i spent 4000 dollars on my 1995 civic ex (got a deal from the girl that has had it since mile one...i've known her the entire time she had he car) and so now i'm saving up for a b18c1 or h22a engine swap.

or (again)...you could go for a newer civic (96-00, 6th gen) and pay most/all of your 11k, then just save up for performance parts...or style parts.

the possibilites are pretty much endless. i hope i have been more of a help, rather than just cause a bunch of confusion...if you have any questions i'll be glad to answer what i can, and what i can't answer i'm sure other people on this board can. we'll have you leant up in no time!!!

Hello Meowkins, (Sounds like somthing I would say)

Well If you've set your mind on A honda Then I wont stop you, But It really Depends on what you want out of your car? If you want to put your foot in the accelerator and be Imediatly(?) sucked into the back of the seat, Then allow me to show you A car thats less expensive with far more potiential. My car!!!

http://www.iroczsource.com/matt2.htm (this is not acctually my car, it just happens to look similar)

However, If you just want make heads turn then a honda can be visually accesorized 1000 times more than a camaro.

• 4 weeks later...

I think honda's a good choice of car. They are long lasting. Just the price u pay isn't so cheap but I guess its worth it. My mom is driving what used to be my 89 Honda Accord. Just recently she spent $500 worth in parts for the car. when I bought the car at the beginning of the year I didnt really know if the timing belt had been changed or not. And a month ago it snapped while my mom was driving. The timing belt was the original factory belt. The car has 165,000. I was in shock to know it lasted that long. I think that on any other car it would've not done that. I'm just giving you an example of how good honda's are.

Archived