vtec looses power

i have a B16 SIRII in my del sol and when the vtec kicks in at 6000rpm's it looses power untell it hits about 6500-6800rpm's is this normal? should i get a vtec controller and adjust it? and whats the diffrence between a p27 and p30 ecu?

there hasent been much happining on this forum for the last couple days where is everybody?

no but the ecu that is in it is the one that comes with the b16a3 in the vtec models.

i think i fixed the problem by gutting out my catilitic converter because i can definantly feel when vtec kicks in.

well i can tell the diffrence from before and now. its not really a kick just a harder pull. like before it lost power as soon as it hit vtec until about 6500rpm's then i could feel it, but now i can feel it right at 6000rpm's (which is where it comes on at)

and by "kicks in" thats what we say in hick vill instead of turns on.

There should be no "loss" in power. VTEC should never kick, even with insanely huge cams, it should always be smooth. if it kicks, your VTEC engagement is not set at the optimal RPM.

no its not kicking when it comes on that is just what i used to say that it switched to the bigger cam lobes. like when you say kick in to 4 wheel drive there is no kicking involved you just engage it. my cat. was clogged up so that when it engaged it would be really loud (sounded like it was coming from the intake) but would loose power until i got to around 6500rpm's. and im comparing it from when it usta loose power to now when it gains power which is definantly a increase. the way i figured out that vtec lost power is that i got into some grass and started spinning the tires in 2nd and as soon as i would hit vtec it would bog down until 5500rpm's and then go up to vtec and it would do it again.

Archived