SRS warning light

Bantam

2001 Honda Civic EX, 27,000 mi, the SRS warning light has been reset X2 by the dealer; the light returns steady within a few hundred miles of resetting each time. Now they want $450 for a new SRS. Anyone with a similar problem? Any suggestions?

talk to the dealer about a warentee.

if you unplug the light and it isnt working, and you get into a car accidnet and die because you were too cheap to fix it, then what?

Then his parents or spouse could sue and retire early.

ok, well my roomate has a 95 civic ex, and when he got the car the srs light wasnt on, but then he put the stereo in, and cranked it and the srs light came on and never goes off, he talked to a honda mechanic that he knows and he said its from drawing too much power at one time or something along those lines

yea me either, but he said it had something to do with, like the overall voltage of everything went below the operating voltage of the airbag so it tripped the sensor, something like that, thats how i understand when he told me

Archived