Question about header fitment?

I have a 99 Civic with a B-series swap. This may sound stupid but I thought I would ask anyway. Will an aftermarket header like Greddy or DC stick out the same amount as a Stock header? The reason I ask is that the other day I tried to take my heat shield out and could not, The a/c fan was in the way. I was just wondering if an aftermarket header will fit in there fine? I am worried it wont.

Is there anything I can do to get the heat shield/header out without messing with the A/C? And no I am not going to take away a/c.

Here are pics of how tight the spot is:

DSC01384a.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01386a.jpg

DSC01385a.jpg

also, if you take off the heatsheild, there is prolly gonna be more room, and you may be able to tell better.

I always forget to put exhaust manifold.

I cant even get the heat shield off, The only way I am guessing I can is to either cut it in half or unbolt the exhaust manifold and take it off as 1 piece.

It looks like you have plenty of space to me. If you can get the heatshield unbolted then you might have better luck dropping it down under the car. Same with the exhaust manifold, when you unbolt everything drop it through the bottom. The problem I had when I installed my header was getting to all the bolts. Some of the bolts were hard to get to. Good luck and an air compressor and air tools would make it easier if you don't already have one.

Well, I can't really be 100% sure since my car doesn't have a B series swap. Mine came factory with a B16. What kind of B series do you have? I believe that the actual engine bay on your car and mine are the same, so if you have a B16 I'd be pretty sure it will fit.

It looks like (from your pictures) that you have about the same amount of room that I had, but if you order it and it doesn't fit, don't blame me. First things first, I'd see if you can actually get your old one off.

Well, I can't really be 100% sure since my car doesn't have a B series swap. Mine came factory with a B16. What kind of B series do you have? I believe that the actual engine bay on your car and mine are the same, so if you have a B16 I'd be pretty sure it will fit.

It looks like (from your pictures) that you have about the same amount of room that I had, but if you order it and it doesn't fit, don't blame me. First things first, I'd see if you can actually get your old one off.

Its a B18C1. I would not blame you. I guess I will do that.

I think you're problem might lie more with fitting the header to the cat. I'm guessing with your motor swap it might not match up to the exhaust perfect. You might have to have it welded to the exhaust. As far as the header fitting in the engine bay, I think mine takes up less space than the exhaust manifold/heat shield combo did.

I think you're problem might lie more with fitting the header to the cat. I'm guessing with your motor swap it might not match up to the exhaust perfect. You might have to have it welded to the exhaust. As far as the header fitting in the engine bay, I think mine takes up less space than the exhaust manifold/heat shield combo did.

The shop that did my swap extended the exhaust system so everything would fit up right. I am using the GSR manifiold and cat. What header do you have?

Archived