rear disc swap

B18C1vic

yo guys, one of my front rotors is warped AND i need new brake pads anyway, so i am just gunna do all the brakes at once and be done with it. i would like to upgrade to all wheel discs but i heard finding a 99-00 si rear disc setup is either next to impossible or very expensive. i have a 00 EX and i want to know how much this really is going to cost and maybe what my other options are, to weed out all the people that are talkin out of their ass. honestly, i know there has to be a whole bunch of people that have done this swap without paying the prices i've had people spit out at me. ($1200, is it true?).....SSR, where you at dawg..........also if anyone has any clue...WTF is an ignition amplifier? my friend says he got one and it gave him like 10 horsepower which i know is total BS. but WTF is this thing???

would i need to change my rear suspension, and do i need to do anything with the e-brake cable? Master cylinder? should i just look in junkyards or would you reccomend a website or something? sorry if i seem kind of dumb, i only had 3 hours of sleep in the past 2 days, so bear with me........i know that ignition amp thing is stupid, i cant even begin to think of how one would work. i threw a bullcrap flag when he told me about it. and thanks in advance for all the help you are prolly gunna give me in the future.

I've never just swapped the brakes. But yes, you will have to do something with the e-brake cable. Anything that it involves (brake swap as a whole) is just loosening or tightening something.

My question is pertaining to a rear disc swap. I have a 93 DX Hatch, and a 94 EX. The ex has anti-locks so I know I don't want to swap over the master cylinder, but how about the rear set-up on the EX into the hatch?? Are we talking swapping out the entire rear supension and lines and such. I know I need a 15/16 master cylinder non ABS from a LS/Si, but anything else you could school me on would be helpful. Thanks

Doing a swap to rear disc isn't really that hard to do. The existing lines will go into the new disc brakes. You don't need to do any suspension work at at. It's one of those things that as you start and get going you will catch on kinda quick.

Archived