'89 Civic

dd_biggy

Guest that1chrisguy

seriously, swap to a b16a, 1500 bucks, some time and some tools, and your car will have 160 hp... other than that, Just get bolt ons i guess

have been thinking about a swap, though not sure what car I am going to have in the near future. on talking about the b16a swap, would an sir1 swap be just as easily modified as an sir2? Though the sir2 has an extra ten horses, it's usu. about 1g more, and I can hardly afford the sir1. NEED FEEDBACK ON THIS ONE GUYS. ~thanks

if you have the money get an engine from PAECO.

they can build a honda 1.6 to produce 242 HP N/A  :o

that's some impressive numbers, 1.6 n/a at 242.... damn, wonder what they could pull w/ a 2.0 L h22 or b18c1...... ordered a catalog, probably not going to be doing a lot to the engine until spring, too much snow and ice on the ground to really make it worth screwing with right now... i guess that gives me a little time to save up some money... w00t thanks for the tip

I dont know anything about the Sir motors.. I'm sticking with my b16a idea... 160 is plently stock for me..

the siR engines are basically the generations of the b16a engines, i.e. 88-91 b16a is the first gen. siR, and from 92-95(?) is the siRII. pretty sure that's the correct years... anyways, just to kinda help you out, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

~on a side note, what is the real diff. in the civic si and the ex, lx, or dx besides engine strength?

Archived