How To: Clean tinted windows

dawrenn

I recently got my windows tinted and there are some water streaks from them putting the shop putting the tint on, I was wondering what do I need to use to clean the windows that wont mess up or sratch the tint? Just soap and water and a soft cloth? What kind of cloth should I use? There is also a little bubble near the back of the passangers side door window, What can I do about taking it away? Should I just not worry about and try to fix it if it gets worse or should I take it back to the shop in a couple of days since there is a lifetime warranty? Let me know what I should do.

• 4 weeks later...

Just get some window cleaner that says on it safe for tinted windows. Otherwise the tint will turn purple. As far as the actual cleaning goes, get a soft towel. Spray it on, wipe it off. Go to a dry part of the towel and firmly wipe the windows down till they're dry. You can go over them again after they dry with another dry part of the towel too. (takes away the streaks). As far as the buble goes if it's not in a noticable spot you can take a credit card or drivers license and push the bubble out the nearest edge. It's best to work it down, better to go sideways if you can. If you're worried about scratching the tint or if it gets worse just take it back to where you had it done...

You will never be able to push the bubble to the outside now that the tint has dried. You can get rid of the bubble now by taking the point of a razor blade and poking a really small hole in the middle of the bubble, then take a hair dryer and heat up the section of tint where the bubble is and then you should be able to press it down........However, I would take it back where you got it done and make them fix it. If you paid all that money for it, it should be done right and perfect.

I call bullcrap, cause I've tried it on more than a couple of cars and once the tint has dried, you won't get it to stick down unless you heat up the adhesive.

Dawrenn, why don't you try his method and then come tell us the results.

take it back to the shop and bring it to their attention while its fresh in their mind that they worked on your car recently. Besides, its life time warranty.. free of charge.

as far as cleaning tinted windows go, use the window cleaner that joe mentioned or do what i do. I pour in some vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use that to clean the tint (pour more water than vinegar).

on a side not, just a fyi, i use vinegar to clean my windsheild wiper blades. I pour it on a napkin and run it along each side of the wiper..each side at the same time. see how dirty your wipers are. :)

Archived