H2b Q&A's

I have not been on in a while and I do appolgize, been busy with work and life and have not had time to log on the forum which is my second life. lol. I will been saving for a motor swap and this trip.

anyways. back to the topic.

I got a couple questions,

1. In comparison to the k20a2, People been saying a H22 with B tranny would be equal to a k20 in certain aspects, is this true?

2. Would a b tranny be able to hold boost better the crappy h tranny? again people are saying the k tranny isn't good for boost cause the gears are so SHORT. but I would not know cause I don't own either car, engine, or tranny.

3. Which tranny should I use, I seen people use b16 ones all the way to b18 type r with 4.78 final (i think)?

4. So if I do this could I just order a h22 long block, a h2b kit, and a b tranny?

5. Would it be cheaper then the dreaded expensive k20 swap?

6. What all would I have to change in the del sol? I know I gotta get parts like the slave cylinder, throttle cable and such.

7. Do you guys love me? enough to help me out?

^

That last one you don't have to answer. lol.

Thanks a bunch guys and girls.

H22 + B series tranny = K20 killer imo lol but goin tranny i would use GSR or type R tranny if you want boost....if you did this set up N/A i would use a b16 tranny....and for the swap im pretty sure all u need is the longblock, H2B kit, a b series tranny, and some mounts, im not sure on all the parts though im sure sumone else knows more than i would.....

Dunno about K20 Killer but .. they're pretty one par with one another. H22 trans is GARB.

Depending on the car the H2B plate can range from 900 bucks to around 1200 and then you bring in price of tranny's and whatnot.. b16 or gsr trans would be nice, lsd for sure; or you could just splurge and go with the ITR trans.

okay now I got a weird question. I seen people use B series mounts, how does that work with the H22 motor? I seen many build online but all used b series mounts. So a GSR tranny would be good for some boost cause I was looking at all the gear ratio's and such and the type r has some pretty good numbers but the gsr would be cheaper and much easier to find. I gotta find one with a LSD on it.

well man i can tell you that both setups are closer than most people think, k20 killer not really lol stock to stock k20 ftw

like others said id go with a b16 for n/a and a gsr for boost both lsd must have

mounts depending on which kit you get evolution has a kit that comes with mounts for like 1400 and wat not im sure you know that, or the qsd one which is plate i believe

and from my experience with the evo kit i would go with the qsd kit cause it has crapty clearance, oil pan to ground!!!! grr

so if you need anymore help just let me know

no comparison , garbage half assed setup is what H2B is. mounts to move engine closer to drivers side , to allow for room. you cant run nothing but an alternator , and the H22 main pully has to be machined off all grooves but the alt cause of how close it will come to the subframe , and im pretty sure you still have to either dent it or cut it out to fit. many other variables , your asking for big cost and lots of problems with this setup.

well man i can tell you that both setups are closer than most people think, k20 killer not really lol stock to stock k20 ftw

like others said id go with a b16 for n/a and a gsr for boost both lsd must have

mounts depending on which kit you get evolution has a kit that comes with mounts for like 1400 and wat not im sure you know that, or the qsd one which is plate i believe

and from my experience with the evo kit i would go with the qsd kit cause it has crapty clearance, oil pan to ground!!!! grr

so if you need anymore help just let me know

Thanks man, I been looking at the evo kit and from what I am reading the angle is bad, the kit is very expensive. QSD FTW. but I am still curious if I get the qsd which is a plate and one mount do I order H22 mounts or B series mounts. I am assuming b series. I will have to look at getting a gsr tranny......

where is lina? I need her tranny.

no comparison , garbage half assed setup is what H2B is. mounts to move engine closer to drivers side , to allow for room. you cant run nothing but an alternator , and the H22 main pully has to be machined off all grooves but the alt cause of how close it will come to the subframe , and im pretty sure you still have to either dent it or cut it out to fit. many other variables , your asking for big cost and lots of problems with this setup.

I take it you don't like H2B setups. You are saying I should take that money and put it in the k swap? I mean you say there is no comparison but come on most people are saying it is pretty close. I would not mind having a k swap but the price of the swap compared to a H2B setup is alot cheaper. I not going this route also cause it is cheaper. but if the k swap was cheaper I would really invest in it.

Archived