B16 Sir II into a 93 HB SI

Kelkou

The engine arrived here in lewiston idaho today, and i recieved a call from some engine holding place. They called and asked when id like it delivered, and i said wednesday.

Got a cherry picker reserved, 16 a day, 32 to have delivered.

I have no garage to store the engine, so ill be camping with it outside for two days, until i have assistance with the swap friday, and tools.

Wish me luck!

this will soon be a swap thread with more questions bout my civic. As of Friday. Ill post pics of before and after, but dont mind the fact that the head is off the z6, or, unbolted at least.

The car is a black POS, clearcoat is fading on the roof, power sunroof, power mirrors... AC.... all works... Im considering trying this '50 dollar paintjob.' Once the car is running i can use my friends garage.

Ordered skunk2 adjustable coilovers, 240 shipped... (yea, itll be bouncy, hurray... :\)

Thanks everyone. Ill keep you updated.

car008600x450.jpg

car007600x450.jpg

car002600x450.jpg

Engine is finally here... Doing swap saturday, should have pics posted nightly. Was wondering will my AC fit on the b16? and what about my cruise control? its made for the P28 ECU will it work for the new ECU? (p30)

was takin valve cover off to see if it was a valve i messed up, but found out it wasnt.

Nancy, any idea if i can use any parts from the z6 to make the power steering and AC fit on the b16a?

the pulley system for the AC is missing a pulley, can i take it off the z6? (i havent taken the z6 out yet).

was takin valve cover off to see if it was a valve i messed up, but found out it wasnt.

Nancy, any idea if i can use any parts from the z6 to make the power steering and AC fit on the b16a?

the pulley system for the AC is missing a pulley, can i take it off the z6? (i havent taken the z6 out yet).

power steering is for pussies! but if you do want a/c, you need the pulley from another b-series. you should sell me the Z6.

here #14

as for timing, tdc, old belt off, new belt on and go at it with a timing gun. while the engine is out, its a good idea to replace the water pump and timing belt tensioner.

power steering is for pussies! but if you do want a/c, you need the pulley from another b-series. you should sell me the Z6.

Drive something with about 500 turbocharged wheel horsepower and enjoy hoping the wheel doesn't jerk without power steering.

I pretty much scared myself doing that. 19psi on a boosted gsr motor making around 515fwhp. Tires broke loose @ 4K and spun/yet pulled all the way to 9. Steering wheel was tighter than a virgin on prom night.

Your A/c issue can be seen here. As for your P/S, Use the P/S pump your b16 came with and it will bolt up to your d16 P/S hose.And nice clean engine.

thanks for all the help Nancy and Lifemalfunction helped me.. i decided ima toss the AC for now... and just have one part to order, the throttle cable bracket...

Thanks for all the help

here goes 30 dollars in shipping to have it here by saturday.

dang

haha.

thanks everyone.

Swap pictures will be up saturday night, keep an eye open. :)

for power steering , use the B16 brackets and use your D16 pump. you might have to use washers/spacers to align the pump with the main pully , but thats ok. the pully system for your AC looks like its there to me. the brackets there , the tensioner is there , and there should be 3 spots on the main pully for accessories. if not , you need a main pully that can run them all.

there are only 2 pullies on the b16 pulley, and 3 on my z6... so i doubt the AC will be going in right now. ill do it later when i pull apart the engine to add some things this fall/new year. Ill be able to use the school's lift since ill be majoring in automechanics, itll make a lot of things a lot easier, not so back breaking bend over kind of stuff. no more laying on the ground. :D

Okay so, got the whole z6 out, working on the axles. The bolts arent going so easy, 1 1/4 and we've went through 2 breaker bars, haha, soaked them with some gunk stuff so far. hoping it works tomorrow..

Putting in the b16 tomorrow/monday, along with axels, and skunk2 coilovers, wish me luck, will post all pics after its completely done, you should get your fair share of laughs. haha.

had a good time doing it so far

2 30 racks, 2 5ths, 6 people, just bullcraptin and turnin wrenches, lotta fun. haha.

Later eveyrone.

Oh BTW, that axle nut should be a 32 mm. If you have that, use it.

Do you need the steering pump with that bracket? Im not sure the old one will fit, the b16 ones both have p30 part numbers

send me a pic of it, and ill send you a pic of the bracket that i have right now. extending the o2 right now, not so worried bout the knock. anddd.... got one axle left and then just puttin the engine in, cake after we get this wiring done (doing it while its hangin from the cherry picker)

thanks for all the help so far

i believe we have all wires in right, shouldnt throw CEL, we have the knock in if its just the wire below the intake manifold, we're good, o2 is wired, extended, so tahts safe.

will be posting pics tomorrow night if i have time, everything is almost done.

good note: engine is in car, have to buy intake, z6's isnt fitting, power steering didnt fit (bracket on the way) AC bracket wasnt there, missing pulley, dropped AC, sound system wired, need new radiator o clamps to ensure tight fit, have to make own throttle cable bracket... skunk2 adjustable coilovers ready to be installed, fronts are done, back to be done tomororw. So, project swap almost done, 44 pictures so far, more to come, will post them all at once.

Taking hub to les schwab (and axle, lol) to have them get that 1 1/4 nut loose. dang. Since intake isnt fitting, ordering short ram hopefully w/next day air, need a car very soon.

friend installed stero and tore apart whole interior lookin for the rear 5 3/4 cuz crutchfield said they were there, found the wires, no speakers, no speaker brackets (car is 93 HB SI) so buying 6x9's and boxes soon, so ill have 2 6 1/2s 2 6x9's and 2 12's in it. should sound good. Car needs a paintjob, otherwise is in good condition. I got it for 1800, engine for 2700, and have invested lots of small things, and had to pay for a tow with the old z6... put over 5k into it and it still looks like crap and doesnt run ATM. haha. good stuff.

had a lot of fun doing my first swap, had 2 30 racks, 1 5th of tequila, has went good. hah.a

thanks so much so far, any suggestions welcome. Will z6 radiator sufficiently cool the b16? thanks.

also, on the z6 there is a black cylinder with a tube, and there isnt one on the b16, is there something i need to install on the b16? will take pictures in the morning and post them. Thanks.

Archived