Sedan Rear Springs on a '97 Civic EX Coupe

johnnyg

Does anyone know if I can put sedan rear springs on my '97 Civic EX coupe? I'm replacing the struts, and want to correct the sagging rear on my Civic. I have looked at aftermarket stuff, but they're all lowering kits, and I drive to many miles in varying conditions (snow, gravel roads, etc...). I'd like to give the rear of the Civic a little boost, and was thinking about trying to use a set of stock sedan coils. I know that the struts are the same for the coupe or the sedan. So I thought the sedan springs might work, but I don't know if they are taller, stiffer, or just plain different. I don't carry a lot of stuff in the trunk, but I do have a small stereo system / subwoofer setup back there.

Also, does anyone know a good place to get stock replacement coil springs? I have checked the local import salvage yard and ebay, but they didn't have any.

I'm new to the forum, so if this topic has been discussed I apologize. I looked around but didn't find anything on this subject so I thought I'd ask.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived