Tein Basic

Toxic

anyone have tein basics in their sol (or other car)? ... if so do you like them? my next work is on suspension, but i want something good and affordable... i was thinkin about the ss but its a lil expensive for me right now... also, im not going to be into autox or anything like that... ima do some drag racing and mostly daily driving so it seems like the basics should do it. firsthand imput would be awesome though. thanks.

got a link to some bbs? i think when it comes time to get my suspension i might end up with tein ss... but if u got a better suggestion for the price (omnipower) then fill me in with a good link.

aight bbs thanks a lot... but now i gotta ask what application do i get for it to fit on a sol... theres:

94-01 INTEGRA (EXCL. TYPER)

88-91 CIVIC (Box Style LCA)

92-95 CIVIC

96-00 CIVIC

next what do you prefer, street or sport ... (im guessing street for me... i wont be going to tracks all the time)... and last if i order from robearracing does the omnipower coilover system and lca combo come with the lowering wrenches?

'92-'95 EG Civic.

I have the sports and it drives fine. in fact, it's a much better ride than the neuspeed coilovers I had. I'm not sure what kind of ride you're looking for, but either would be fine for you, I think.

yes, they come with the perch wrenches.

i just put Tein Basics on my 'sol last week. I only paid $650 for the set and I don't have to worry about the spring rates matching the struts, but the ride is a bit harsher than I thought. However, I've been told they take a little breaking in to get to the consistant ride (not too firm, not too bouncy)

I'm a little lucky too: I've got a top-notch alignment shop that raised and balanced all 4 corners of the car to my weight and put the alignment, camber, and caster DEAD on the nose. That's helped out a bundle too.

For the money, they're a good matched set. Not the BEST but certainly good enough for "just driving" and the occasional track and auto-X. They've got some BEEFY wrenches to adjust the height with.

(btw, here's a "duh": don't raise and lower your ride just for craps and giggles; it messes up your camber really badly and your car will track all over the road like mercury on glass. Every time you raise or lower your car you have to get it aligned and the camber adjusted. I know most people already KNOW this, but there are some new drivers who may not, so please don't toast my nuts for stating the obvious)

I like the Bilstein+Eibach combo for a top quality product (and so does the alignment shop), but that's paying a hell of alot more than $650.....

I kinda miss my old Ground Control + Tokico Blues, but those were the ones that threw me off a mountain....... maybe they DID suck....... ?

Archived