2000 Accord EX sedan 5spd - basic upgrades?

DrumProdigy83

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Accord EX sedan 5spd manual with 98k miles on it. It's a great car haven't had one single problem with it yet and I use it to deliver pizza 5 days per week plus long highway commutes now and then (a few times per week). Anyway, I just want to make it a little faster. I don't want to spend a whole lot, $2000 max, but I'm not sure what to do. My dad works for Honda so I usually get discounts on parts and labor for everything.

I have an AEM cold air intake and that's it. Some basic stuff I know that should be upgraded for performance (no forced induction) are exhaust manifolds, exhaust, intake, headers, brakes, suspension, tires/rims... It would be nice to get maybe 50 or so extra horses/torque out of the car... bumping it up to around 200hp. Is this possible on a $2000 or less budget? Specifics on what to buy would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Actually, 20-30hp and torque more would be great, like 175hp would be a nice change. And I'd prefer to keep the budget as far below $2000 as possible... especially since we're only talking about 20-30hp... Thanks guys.

This is like a monologue.... yet it is supposed to be a dialogue.... oh man what a messed up world we live in... Anyway, I did a bunch of research last night and this morning and decided that headers, sway bars, and brakes are what I am most likely looking to get. I want my car to look as stock as possible... kind of like a sleeper just not super powerful lol.

I have an AEM cold air intake already so that is not a concern anymore. Headers will add 10-15hp they say. Brakes are good because stock brakes are too wishy washy for my driving (sometimes they work great other times just ok, and there is always a lot of brake fade). Sway bars will help with handling. I don't want to change the suspension or lower the car, and I don't want to do forced induction. I really just want to enhance power, handling, and braking a little bit.

You guys think I should opt to change something else instead of or in addition to the things I've already listed?

Archived