Help Aftermarket Installation Help

97luder

I was just wondering if I install an aftermarket head unit, will it effect the performance of my stock speakers. I have a 5th generation prelude and I know that the stock ones sound pretty d@mn good compared to speakers in new accords, civics, etc. I just want to make sure that I am not going to lose any quality. I think I remembered reading somewhere that the 5th generation comes with a factory amp for the rear speakers. The head unit i am wanting comes with 52x4. If anyone can help me out it would be great.

Thanks

some have a stock amp and some dont. it depends on the vehicle options.

if you install an aftermarket headunit and your car has a stock amp, then it will still sound like you have a factory headunit. the amp in this case is what sends the power to the speakers. the headunit will just send the signal to the amp.

if you install an aftermarket headunit in you car with a stock amp and bypass the amp (they sell bypass harnesses to do this, it's very easy), then your headunit will power the speakers. the aftermarket HUwill put out a cleaner signal with less distortion at higher volumes then the stock amp. most people prefer to do this.

if you dont have a stock amp, just hook up the aftermarket HU and you're all set.

• 3 months later...

Archived