Another Exhaust Question

Trepid

Ok, I am looking at the Apexi N1 series muffler for my car and had a couple of questions... I see two types, one n/a and one for turbo'd, what is the difference, because I plan to add a turbo to my car one day but was wondering which I should get... also, what's a good price on the cat back with the N1? also, if i get the muffler now and the cat back later will that cuase a big problem?

the turbo flows more. if you put it on a N/A car, you will lose lots of torque.

so i say, get the N/A for now. when you get your car tubocharged, you will want to open up the exhaust as much as possible. run at least 2.5" pipe with a highflow cat and no muffler. the turbocharger itself acts as a fairly good muffler. a 2.5" exhaust off a turbo with no muffler is pretty quiet. the muffler just takes away power on a turbcharged setup.

well I found the muffler alone for 195 shipped and a cat back for 459, but they didn't list my sedan as one of the models they were selling for, do they even make a 4 door 98 cat back?

Archived