88 Lude Si

LudeGirl

Just bought this car for $550, has 138k miles, the air filter wasn't on, and obviously the vacuum hoses weren't connected. I've put the air filter on and connected one of the hoses, but it seems I have two more that I have no clue where they belong.

I was told by a gentleman at Pep Boys that was fixing my alternator problem (the bolt that raises and lowers it to tighten the belt was gone and the alternator wouldn't raise...and so my car kept dying and drained a brand new battery :mad: ) that no one would do any work on it because it was a dual carb... is this true or is the guy being lazy?

I hate to sound so ... well ... dumb, I know next to nothing about cars, but i'm trying!!!!

Also, im trying to remove the door panels so i can replace my front speakers, but i'm having a hell of a time... i removed all screws i could find including the ones behind the door handle, i pulled on it one good time and i heard a snap, but it's still not coming off..

I tried to get to the speakers by removing the apholstered plastic cover but i broke one so im not trying to break the other.

no ashtray on door panel...

but im gonna give it a hell of a yank...even if the door breaks... i saw the exact same door panel at U-Wrench-It.....

though: if i'm having a hard time getting it off, how hard is it going to be to get it back on? :crazy:

Just bought this car for $550, has 138k miles, the air filter wasn't on, and obviously the vacuum hoses weren't connected. I've put the air filter on and connected one of the hoses, but it seems I have two more that I have no clue where they belong.

I was told by a gentleman at Pep Boys that was fixing my alternator problem (the bolt that raises and lowers it to tighten the belt was gone and the alternator wouldn't raise...and so my car kept dying and drained a brand new battery :mad: ) that no one would do any work on it because it was a dual carb... is this true or is the guy being lazy?

I hate to sound so ... well ... dumb, I know next to nothing about cars, but i'm trying!!!!

can you take a pic of them? one connects from the valve cover to the intake. that guy is just being a frackstick.

though: if i'm having a hard time getting it off, how hard is it going to be to get it back on? 

there are little studs that just pop into indivdual holes, you just gotta line them up, and hit them in w/ your hand. not too hard. its kinda scary pulling panels off for the first time, cause you dont know what to expect, but if your sure all the screws are out, just pull from one corner and wrok your way accross the outside edges.

Archived