G4 Hatchback!

Guest that1chrisguy

since i'm not familiar with the civics of the late 80's all i can answer is the last question. DOHC is more efficient then SOHC, so it will produce more power in an engine with the same displacent as the SOHC.

for example the 1992 mazda mx6 had a 2.2l SOHC engine producing 93 hp. in 1993 the base engine became a 2.0l DOHC engine producing 118 hp. the smaller DOHC engine was much more efficient.

i'm sure ZCREX will be here soon and he'll be able to answer the other questions.

Guest that1chrisguy

I'm getting used to it, no reall biggy.. I spoke with my friend who works on cars and he said it would cost like at least 500 bucks maybe, so yeah, not worth it.

• 4 months later...

ok i know im new but to answer his question right... the answer is that in 1988 all of the hatchs were fuel injected the real difference was the injectors them selves.... the cx and the dx both had two injectors where the si had four.... more fuel more speed also the compression on a dx and cx were a little higher 10:1 where the si is 9:1 other than that you got the right year for the fouth gen hatch... they gained about 250 lbs every year i always get a kick out of that fact... which is about 700 lbs over the gen period.... have a good day and i hoped i helped

ok i know im new but to answer his question right... the answer is that in 1988 all of the hatchs were fuel injected the real difference was the injectors them selves.... the cx and the dx both had two injectors where the si had four.... more fuel more speed also the compression on a dx and cx were a little higher 10:1 where the si is 9:1 other than that you got the right year for the fouth gen hatch... they gained about 250 lbs every year i always get a kick out of that fact... which is about 700 lbs over the gen period.... have a good day and i hoped i helped

ok smart ass answer me this then. since the 88-91 civics have the same motor as the crx then why did my first crx i ever bought have a 1988 crx hf carberated motor in it? all the numbers matched the car and what not. was it just the factory that screwed up and someone change the numbers? hmm??

ok im not being a smart ass at all the man asked a question on a honda civic hatch..... n0t a crx i know not much about them other than a the fact that the engines a really the same moters from what i have seen and that the crx is a little lighter.... that is about it ...... a lot of people confuse the duel point injection with a carborator i know the look simalar..... but if you look closely they on the top do say..... pg efi i have had four of that car 1988 so i wasnt being a smart ass just stating the facts .......and as always thanks for you help(no scarcasm i always end my post like that )....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest that1chrisguy

hey guys, thanks for the help. a note:

My car is fuel injected.. Dual Point to be honest with Facts, and I am slowly learning all about these things. Thanks again!

Archived