Specs And Suggestions

EricW

Hi. I'm new here, and reletavely new to car performance. I have a '94 Honda Civic LX. How much horsepower is this car stock? Seems like i remember reading it was about 100, but i dont know for sure so please let me know if you can find it. The only thing i have ordered for my car performance-wise so far is a performance muffler, but i know that wont make much difference in horses, 10 if i'm lucky. I want to get my car to 200hp but i dont want to have to use nitros, supercharger, or a turbo. Can you guys please give me suggestions on how to do this? Prefferably the easiest ways :) Also, is there any way someone can describe to me the difference between having 100 one cay and 200 the next? Thanks a lot! -EricW

your not gonna get your LX engine to 200 hp. your gonna need a dohc vtec engine. look into a b16a, b16b or a b18c. as far as 200. then your gonna have to do alot of internal work. port & polish. stuff like that. then add some simple bolt ons like cams. and cam gears. then you will start getting closer.

Wow. So does anyone know how much my 4 door '94 civic lx has stock? What should i get next? I got the muffler but that ain't much. I'm thinking next i will get a good intake (please recommend some), header, maybe cam, stuff like that. I'm sorry i dont know much, but i really want to learn. I'm 16 with a job so i guess i have plenty of time, but it will take patience. THANKS!! -Eric

1994 Honda Civic LX

1.5L = 102 HP

1.6L = 125 HP

tell you the truth, i wouldnt buy any modifications to your engine right now. i'd rather be saving for a jdm engine and do an engine swap.

here's a link with a few engines...do some research before you actually buy though. http://www.hondamotorsonline.com

hope it helps.

your not gonna get your LX engine to 200 hp. your gonna need a dohc vtec engine. look into a b16a, b16b or a b18c. as far as 200. then your gonna have to do alot of internal work. port & polish. stuff like that. then add some simple bolt ons like cams. and cam gears. then you will start getting closer.

dude man u could definately get his lx engine to 200 hp. build up the internals like i always say. dude man cams and cam gear and pistons rods main bearings springs retainers and have it bored out about .30-.90 thousands out and his car will haul ass

are u just listing parts ?

What about fuel delivery and management? Who makes a good SOHC cam? Yeah u might be able to get a custom grind but theres nothing solid, tested, and true out there...

Granted, u CAN achieve 200whp on a stock LX motor, if u have the money and creativity to do it.

If u didnt want to do a swap, just tear open the stock motor, rebuild it with a good set of forged pistons and rods, block guard, port and polished head, and then turbo the motor.

Put it this way : The more power u want out of any motor, especially your stock one, the more money you are going to have to invest into it if uwant to it run SAFELY and RELIABLY

Start with basic bolt-ons. Going 200+hp in a LX is hardly a problem, but if you want more power, go with an engine swap. With the D16Y7 engine, you could do basically anything you could do with any other DOHC VTEC engine; all motor or any kind of forced induction/nitrous, but the SOHC isn't as solid as the DOHC engines so you wont be able to reach that high of a performance level.

Yep. Going 200+ hp on a SOHC is hardly a problem, but his options are somewhat limited because he's low on funds. Wanna find out how? Just ask around. Basic, well-known mods to start (I/H/E), some internals and bottom end, fuel delivery, and forced induction. Basic instructions for anyone wanting to get power.

Archived