engine swap now it....

rudelude22

Well i just recently bought another 4th gen lude, but come to find out that the crank was bad in it so i swapped out the motor. and what the hell i thought honda cranks were stout, anyways now my car surges all the time like it idles between 1-2,000rpm so if you guys know why this would happen let me know, and dont say vacuum lines i checked all those and the ecu hookups im good there, and theres no check engien light on, what do i do? thanks

Well i just recently bought another 4th gen lude, but come to find out that the crank was bad in it so i swapped out the motor.  and what the hell i thought honda cranks were stout, anyways now my car surges all the time like it idles between 1-2,000rpm so if you guys know why this would happen let me know, and dont say vacuum lines i checked all those and the ecu hookups im good there, and theres no check engien light on, what do i do? thanks

yep double check that the IAC valve electrical connector is connected it located right on the intake manifold also check the fast idle thermo valve located on the throttle body thats most likely the problem. To check that:

1.remove air intake

2.start the engine

3.put your finger over the lower port in the throttle body and make sure there is air flow with the engine COLD. If not replace the valve.

4.warm the engine up till radiator fan comes on.

5.check that the valve is completely close if not air suction will be felt

6.check coolant level add if it is low

7.bleed any air from system to do that you must loosen the nut over the thermostat hosing until you see coolant running out.

:D try that and your problem should go away

• 2 weeks later...

Archived