2004 Civic Rear Deck speakers?

captainpec

I thought they made Honda's so that people can play with aftermarket goodies. Needless to say, I didn't purchase an 04 Civic for fooling around with, but would like to throw a decent system in the car... wtf did Honda do with this thing? The front door speakers are horrendous and making the 6.5 speaker in a stupid plastic mounting bracket is the worse idea ever... fooling around on the scroll saw a bit and I fabricated adapter plates from 3/4 mdf and mounted 6.5 Infinity's, along with Infinity tweeters on the front doors.

SO NOW I NEED TO TACKLE THE BACK! How the F*ck do you remove the rear deck? Please don't tell me that I need to remove every single piece of trim in the vicinity of the deck along with the two side pieces of the rear seats. What ever happened to speaker grills that made aftermarket installation a sinch?

And since I know I will probably hear the comments... I don't need any suggestions to leave the rear speakers stock... I am looking for good sound quality.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Two words - Chilton's Guide

I don't know if anyone else has encountered your problem and since I don't own a civic I am not much help either but the guide may help you out. I found it very helpful for the two cars I have owned.

Archived