rear window help?

skylinerider

1997 accord

My rear drivers side window will not go up. The fuse is not bad, I can hear the motor working. I think the window fell out of the channel.

Anyway my question is how hard is it to remove the door panel? There is an adhesive holding it on and I am assuming some clips. Is this easy to remove and reinstall? The adhesive has me worried that I should take it to a dealer.

Please help asap.

Far as I know there should only be clips holding the panel in place. If you're not very mechanically inclind, take it to the dealer. Gonna do it yourself? Be very careful, those clips break easily.

I have a `96 honda accord that i've taken da*n near all the pannels off myself, dash, front doors, carpet in trunk, whole back seat, including the metal frame under the plastic of the rear seat, and put it back on myself, and it's all fine, i've busted one clip on all that... lost six screws, but my clips seem pretty strong.

I say try it, as long as you don't bust off a bunch of clips, it should go back on... make sure you've got all the screws out though, there should be about 3... but i've never done a rear door or i'd tell ya exactly where they are.

Archived