Gas Mileage PROBLEM

plomaximus

hey guys

i recently bought a 2002 Honda Accord Ex Coupe v6.

for some reason im only getting about 200 miles per tank! and its a $44.00 tank?? anyone know what the problem is? i had this problem in my maxima before i sold it and it wass the Oxygen ( o2 ) Sensors but i have know clue why im getting this low on my car. it only has 25,000 miles and is mostly drivN highway sincer i go back and forth to school with it. any ideas or suggestions would be a great help. thanx alot

Kenny

Well getting info from CarPoint, I see that the Accord V6 of that year would get 342/478.8 (City/HighWay) on a tank of gas, getting 20/28 from a 17.1 gallon tank. You have something seriously wrong. O2 Sensor, spark plugs, or any number of things may be a problem. Maybe you have a slow leak in your gas tank lol :p . In any case, get that sum bitch to the nearest Honda dealership as soon as possible.

P.S.- Where do you live that it costs you $44 dollars to fill up a 17.1 gallon tank, so I make sure I never drive there lol.

Archived