Are they the same?

RiceBurner67

I'm going to be getting an '89 accord for free (not sure of the model or anything). i was just wondering if the engine's are the same as the next model up (the 90-93's) if the body of the car was the only thing changed. Because i've been looking all over for performance parts and aero parts and all of that, but the lowest year i can find parts for are the 90-93 models, nothing for the olders. so i just wanted to know if the body's were the only things that changed and not the engines.

thanks for whoever replies.

your welcome?

I figured they'd most likely be able to help you. They know tons about the 3rd gen accord and how to fix it up and what not. Most people on this board would say just give up on the 3rd gen and spend your money on something newer...

OH YAH, the model change also differed in engines. I believe the Accords will still running the A-series engines in the 3rd gens. The 4th gen Accords ran a F-series. I don't know, I'm not sure anymore...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived