turbo kit for 99 accord?

StrikingAccord

My dad just got a new car and decided to give me his 99 ex. I know its not probably the best motor since its a sohc and has a auto tranny. Im not good with honda really but i would just like to make this a decent looking car with a little power to move it. I was wondering if there are any bolt on turbo kits that i can buy for this. I'm not lookin to run a lot of boost because i want to run with stock internals. I would just want a little more power just so i can hang with my friends which consist of a lot of 3 series bimmers. If u have any info lemme know thanx...

ps-i would not like to do a engine swap to run turbo...

• 3 weeks later...

First off I am NOT in anyway the final word on hondas. I am still learning the finer points so dont flame me if I say something wrong, just correct me so I will know the right thing.:thumbsup:

Well, its very hard to find a exhaust manifold for the 2.3 litre honda engine, so the best way to go WOULD be a swap. What you will have to do is buy the manifold you want (a guy I know bought a H22 tubular manifold) and get it welded with the proper F23 flange. A good muffler shop should be able to do that for you. Thats the hardest part fitment wise. Once you get your hands on a manifold you are almost good to go. I hear the F23 has steel sleeves stock so it is actually good to run boost. (correct me if im wrong guys, by all means). Sorry I cant be of more hellp. I myself have a 99 accord and was going to turbo my engine. I got in bidding wars on ebay for a manifold and kept losing so I said screw it...its H22 time. Well good luck to you, and if you do get it turbo'd let me know the results. Peace

Archived