I just got a 98 Prelude S and i need help

DJ_Mac

As you can readi just got a 1998 Prelude Type S and im really happy with it. I was just wondering what are some of the easiest and fastest ways to increase the performance of my car. I already have a full AEM cold air intake system and a cat back Apex exhaust. So i have those two upgrades but im lookin to do some more work. I dont wana do anything really major and mad expensive right now, thats for latter.... but any little things that you guy think would help my ride get more power would be awsome. Thank for your help

• 2 weeks later...

N/A means naturally aspirated. It's an all motor car, very reliable but very expensive to make mass amounts of hp. FI mean force induction. Turbo or supercharger falls under this category. Less money to get more horsepower, but needs much more tuning and maintanence and not as reliable.

well i thought that adding a turbo and all that would be much more money.... but i guess that what i want to do first is start slow with things that arent to much money and then eventually add a turbo. Now adding a turbo would probly be the last step i would take to the car. But what im thinkin about right now are things like new wires.... new spark plugs... header... just small stuff like that. But is that stuff really worth it if in the end ill be adding on turbo? I did some reading up on turbo's and i heard that its best to start off with the small parts and work your way up as to not overload your engine and blow everything. So what parts do you think would make the most sence?

The basic little things, like sum that u stated. Also u'll need bigger injectors, a better fuel rail and fuel pump, build up ur bottom end to handle boost, pistons, rods, new cams, cam gears, the list goes on and on if u wanna do it right.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived