Changing front speakers

Trepid

I am going to be changing my front speakers in my 98 lx 4door and was wondering what I had to do to get in there to change it, from what I can tell its just a small panel on the bottom of the door but I can't figure out how to pop it off without breaking something... anyone know how to get that off?

i'm 98% sure that you have to remove the whole door panel. the speaker grille doesnt just pop off. you need a panel removal tool or a strong putty knife. slide it between the door panel and the metal of the door. then pop out each of the plastic pop rivets. you may also have to remove a few screws (usually behind the door handle and opposite the side view mirror). then lift up and pull the panel off the door. be careful with the power window and lock wires.

hmm... well that sucks, cuz I was looking at it and it looks like the speaker grill is attached to a smaller piece that runs along the bottom of the door to make a little holder of sorts down there, but I think someone else told me the same thing... why can't they make it easier, geez

Archived