upgrades for 95 accord

wil4713

I just bought a 95 accord ex and want to make it a little faster-would like to know how much hp a cold air intake or pulley sys will give me...don't have lots of money at the moment (ie, less than an engine swap) and just wondering the best way to get started. not trying to be a poseur and i don't know too much about this, so small words won't hurt my ego at all. thanks, will

Hi, and welcome newcomer. My name is Will. Is your Accord auto or manual, 2dr/4dr? Neither pulleys nor a CAI add much horsepower. Would this be your first modification to your car? Any pictures of your car, I love 5th generation Honda Accords.

Many people go for an H22 engine swap. If your low on funds just go with an intake, header, exhaust.

It's 4dr, 5spd--like hell to find that w/vtec around here (outside of baton rouge, la)--with about 80k on it..yes about the first mod-besides putting in a cd player, i haven't done anything to it, so it's just a stock gold accord ex w/the 7-spoke wheels and leather(no pics)..hmm, you said exhaust..any recommendations? not a huge fan of 5 1/2 inch exhaust tips or anything; i'd like something not too loud and not so 'rice'...as for cold air, are aem and injen pretty good? and what's the difference between cold air and short ram intakes? (i live in a small town w/not much of a car scene, so no one i know of to ask these sort of questions) thanks

Here's some useful info on intakes. It should help you in making a good decision before spending money.Click here

I have other info on intakes but you would have to register on another forum for me to give you the link. The website doesn't allow outsiders to look in only members.

The AEM V2 cold air intake is not all it's hyped up to be. I think either an AEM or Injen CAI would be good for you. CAIs perform better on the low end as they draw colder air from outside the engine bay. Also I have seen short rams that perform very well in the upper rpms. So it's up to you and where you want the power to be. I went with an Injen intake myself. Look into Injen RD cold air intakes as well. You can't go wrong with either AEM or Injen.

As for the exhaust, if your concerned about sound (which is a good thing) look for a chambered exhaust system. Something like the Apexi WS or RS*R exmag. Both systems are pretty pricey but remember you get what you pay for. If it's out of your budget a nice subtle Magnaflow exhaust with custom piping would work. Also remember that an exhaust system will not perform to it's true potential until you upgrade your header, cat, and piping.

Hope that helped

• 1 month later...

That is a good point on the CAI and Exhaust. Im a newcomer to and I have done

a hole bunch of stuff to my car. I own a 93 Accord - modifications - AEM cold air intake, Exhaust with full Catback and bigger inch piping. I enjoy my AEM intake system a lot because it gives me low end torque and its smooth on the highway !

( Automatic Transmission ) I would either go with Injen or AEM - its up to you ?

Good Luck !! :thumbsup:

Archived