91 honda accord dx, wont start

liljestrand74

its a 2.2 liter efi, so we have tried, checking the fuel line, and filter, and it looked fine, we tried to pour fuel into the line on the other side of the filter, the side that goes into the fuel injection, and we attempted to start it, that didnt work, we checked all fuses, and the coil and coil wirers, checked the alternator, it was fine and all wires hooked up, there is a half take of gas, so he wasnt out of gas, the only thing else we can think of, is maybe to pull a spark plug and check if its getting spark, but we didnt have the tools on us at the time to check it, Ive had a nissan once that had the ecu go out, and it did the same thing as this car did, it cranked with no problem, like it had plenty of charge, but would never turn over, this car has almost 240,000 miles, so that could be a possibility, but it is a honda, who knows, if anyone has any idea's, that might help us out, please leave a post, thanks

Check for a spark at the spark plug.. Disconnect the plug wire from the plug and stick a metal wire into the plug boot and then place the wire near some metal on the engine. Have someone crank the engine and look for a spark.

(Note: Do NOT touch the wire or engine while cranking the engine or you might get a shock). If you have no spark while cranking the engine it could be the distributor or timing belt. To check the timing belt remove the distributor cap and have someone crank the engine and see if the rotor button rotates.

I have a 92 accord DX and the same thing happened to me and i checked the coil for problems and that was it i got a new coil and it works fine now. so check the wires and whatnot and if that doent work use a voltmeter and check the coil and coil plugs for the right amount of volts.

Archived