Clutch Q

amdman

Dumb question but im having some trouble with my clutch. It always engages and disengages really high (from what I read that is normal on hondas, I had a stang before so high is weird to me) but once in a great while it will engage and disengage low near the floor. Like once out of every 10 times. Today it was doing it a lot but I was wondering why. It is hard to drive when it does this because I am used to letting the clutch out half way before putting my foot on the gas and when I do it feels like its about to stall those times it lets out low.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help you, but I'm also having clutch issues. I have a 1993 Prelude SI and every few days, the friction point will be right on the floor whne it is usually up higher. I noticed that when this happens, the overflow resivoir for the clutch, is empty and if I fill it up, that fixes the problem. Today, it was so bad, the clutch was on the floor and I couldn't get the car into any gear until I "pumped up" the clutch pedal after filling the resivoir. It seems fine now, but I'm looking for a permanent solution. I'm hoping someone can help out because it sounds like our issues may be related.

check the clutch cylinder (under the clutch fluid resivoir) it might be going bad.. or slave cylinder. (part that engages clutch, located right in front of the tranny, behind the radiator) you might have a leak or air in the line.. if you have air you can bleed it just like you bleed your brake lines..:thumbsup:

Well I changed out the MC and the SC and it did no good. From what I read on other forums my problem is most likely a pressure plate or the release bearing. NXBen your problem sounds like a leak in the line or like boy blue, its your MC or SC.

• 4 months later...

Archived