H22A4 Timing belt

amdman

Hey guys quick question for you. How difficult is the timing belt to replace on the H22A4 (97-00)? I have the chilton manual for the 96-00 lude and it has a lot of talk about removing the engine bolts to let the engine come down and all kinds of stuff. Is all of that really necessary?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys quick question for you. How difficult is the timing belt to replace on the H22A4 (97-00)? I have the chilton manual for the 96-00 lude and it has a lot of talk about removing the engine bolts to let the engine come down and all kinds of stuff. Is all of that really necessary?

Thanks

dude......

don't mean to be mean.. cuz i don't wanna discourage you from working on your car.....

but take a look at where the timingbelt is... and that space.... just look from the outside on what you gotta take out....

SHEIT IS A BIOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

i recommened you trash that chilton and get a Helms manual.....

www.helminc.com

its around $70 for the prelude one i believe.....

but its very informative..... especially when the manual was basically written by honda themselves.... so yea.. thats a good investment....

Archived