92 Accord F22 Timing & Balance shaft belts

Ike

Thanks for the response on my last post.....one more question:

I just bought a 92 Accord w/ F22 engine and am going to change both timing and balance shaft belts in the near future. Per the Honda manual a pin to lock the rear balance shaft in place is needed to properly install belt.

The front balance shaft pulley has a timing mark to align but there is no mark on the rear shaft pulley...

My question is....do you really need that locking pin to do the job, or can you turn to TDC and mark the rear pulley with your own alignment mark before removing the belt (like the front pulley) and forget the pin tool?

Have considerable mechanical experience but none on a Honda F22....just wanted to run it by a few people on this board for opinions.

Thanks,

Ike

• 2 weeks later...

when i did mine last year ,,,i did both my 91 and my 93 ,,,i just marked them...

that was the easy part ...getting the dam belt on was fun ///the camshaft gears have to be lined up PERFECTLY with the head .which is hard to see because the marks are on the inside of the gear

so i used a blk sharpee marker ...and drew a line by the marks

after the install ...ck ...re- chexk ///and re- check one more time b4 you fire it up

you can do some damage if its not all lined up correctly

note---pay close attention to the alt screws and how they come apart ..those little adjusters are a bitch too

have fun ,, and enjoy working on yer ride

once you do it ..youll see it aint that hard

2fast

Archived