Intermittent power steering issue

Hi folks,

About a week ago when I was driving my 2016 Odyssey about to make a left turn from a stop I heard a high pitched squealing sound and the power steering went completely out. It came back within a minute and so I searched here and other forums and saw a number of posts suggesting the PS pump may be going bad. I took it in to the dealer and they did diagnostics on the car and took it for a (short) test drive and told me they could find nothing wrong and were not able to reproduce the issue. A few days after getting it home the same thing happened, high pitch squeal, power steering out, this time the battery light came on, but everything was working again within a minute.

What do ya'all think? I'm tempted to just get a new PS pump installed but am wondering what else it could be and when I call the dealer back what can I add to my problem description to help them figure out what is going on. I watched the test drive and it was literally a mile up the road and then back, doesn't seem like a rigorous way to try to reproduce the issue.

Any help greatly appreciated!

-Andy