2024 CRV battery on national back order!

Hi guys!

I bought a 24 CRV EX-L 5 weeks ago. We’ve racked up 528 miles and love the car. This Saturday past,after sitting in the garage overnight, it refused to crank and showed all the symptoms of a discharged battery. Upon trying to start it all the dash warning lamps started going crazy flashing on and off plus the brake pedal did the anti-lock rapid juddering. I put it on a 6 amp trickle charger for 30 minutes but the neg clamp started to get warmer than I liked so I disconnect the charger. Had it towed back to selling dealer. Service writer called and asked why I had it towed because it starts and runs fine. I told him about the low battery charge and I wanted the charging system analyzed as I think the battery is defective. Next morning he called and sure enough the battery was defective. But there’s a nation wide back order on them and I’m pretty much out of luck. He said they called all over town to see if anybody had a replacement but they were also out of stock so back to out of luck. I started calling around and found a gel battery that matches the group number but costs more than the OEM version. Talked to service manager this Monday morning and they are seeking permission from powers on high to spend some of the $42000 I gave them 6 weeks ago when I bought it, on an aftermarket battery. Seems like a no brained to me but I’m just a humble cave man and don’t understand complex warranty language.