Occasional Long Crank (2009 Honda Accord EX)

Calpurnius

2009 Honda Accord EX, 4Cyl.  130+K miles

For much of the last year, the car will do an occasional long crank before starting.  The long crank is never the first start in the morning.  It's often the second start after 15-60 minutes of in town driving.  It doesn't always happen on the second start.  It doesn't do it every day.

During the time period when it's happened, the battery has checked out OK, the starter has been replaced, the plugs have been replaced, and most recently the crankshaft position sensor was replaced after the car threw a CEL with that code.  The CEL came after a long crank and hard start.  Maintenance was done by a certified local mechanic, not the dealership.  Per the mechanic, the car never has an issue starting for them.

As a practice, I wait a few seconds between moving the key from the on position to start, as that was recommended to let the fuel pump prime for starting.

The car has never not started after the long cranks, although before the new starter and the crankshaft position sensor was replaced it had some very hard starts.

It annoys me because I wonder if it's eventually going to refuse to start and I like to be able to trust it to start.

Am I missing something?  Is it just a matter of the car's age?