ecu code...

gotriceboy05

how can i fix this problem??

That's a good question. All I can say is that the VSS signal is lost. The sensor is located behind the cluster, and the cable just simply goes into the tranny.

You might have to take a look around behind the tranny and make sure the cable is fine.

I don't know exactly what you can do. Either replace the sensor or find the bad cable.

How long have you had this code? Did you do anything to modify your car?

i bought this car with the engine light on late summer 2003...it is a 88 crx with a 89 motor...im pretty sure there internal work been done but im not sure what..other mods i put on is aem intake,hks exhaust w/custom piping,no rev limit ecu..thats about it.... huh

but can you explain in a lil more detail on what to do/look at again

?? im a machanic newbie.. :D

i bought this car with the engine light on late summer 2003...it is a 88 crx with a 89 motor...im pretty sure there internal work been done but im not sure what..other mods i put on is aem intake,hks exhaust w/custom piping,no rev limit ecu..thats about it.... huh

but can you explain in a lil more detail on what to do/look at again

?? im a machanic newbie.. :D

You should first try to reset the ECU in your CRX. It's possible that the ECU was tripped and never reset. There are a couple ways to go about it. 1. You could disconnect your battery for about 30 seconds. 2.You could pull the ECU fuse and/or hazard fuse for 30 seconds.

The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is a device attached to the transmission that measures the cars speed by tracking the number of revolutions of the wheels.

"In other words, the car is telling you how fast you can go"

Someone could have cut the signal of the VSS. Reason being is because the VSS reduces engine power output drastically, slowing down the car until its speed drops below 180kph.

Your car is probably running in safe/rich mode and will actually lead to a slight loss in engine power as well as oil dilution.

Does your speedometer work fine? If your speedo is working fine I would think that the problem lies with the "VSS cable attached to the transmission".

One of two things Newbie, either your missing the signal through the sensor (which I believe is located behind the gauge cluster), or the cable that goes into the transmission is defected. There's nothing else I can explain to you young grasshoper.

Try finding a CRX forum, they could help you more. http://www.crxsi.com/resources/forum/CRX/search.htm <<<Click the link.

Archived