Speedometer not working.

Rayana

Hey, so I have been having a lot of trouble with this. My speedometer has not worked since I got into a car accident last October. Me and my dad did all the body work ourselves and I cannot figure out what is happening. We replaced the speed Sensor. Any ideas? It’s a 2003 civic. 

• 3 months later...

There are a few different key elements that go into how the speedometer in your Honda Civic works. Here's a general idea of how it works. The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) gear is located on the transmission, and it sends an RPM signal to the engine control unit (ECU). The ECU then translates this signal into MPH, and relays that information to the speedometer in your car's instrument panel. If the speedometer in your Civic has stopped working or is delivering completely inaccurate readings, continue reading to properly diagnose and repair the problem.

• 4 months later...
On 7/16/2020 at 10:03 PM, Rayana said:

Hey, so I have been having a lot of trouble with this. My speedometer has not worked since I got into a car accident last October. Me and my dad did all the body work ourselves and I cannot figure out what is happening. We replaced the speed Sensor. Any ideas? It’s a 2003 civic. 

You can get a used one on eBay. Mileage might not match thou. Also you get your original repaired  

Link bellow 
https://www.upfix.com/how-it-works/speedometer-repairs/

Archived