Oil Change Percentage indicator

LeighBroyles

I own a 2012 Honda Accord, and by all accounts, this has been an amazing car with absolutely no issues. I’ve done regular maintenance (oil changes, tune ups, tire rotations, etc) since I bought it in 2013.

Recently i’ve Noticed that the oil change indicator is coming on more frequently. I haven’t been driving longer distances, or changed anything. I had an oil change in late October, and by the end of December I was at 15% oil life (and had driven roughly 2,000 miles). Had the oil changed in December at 78,010 miles. Yesterday, the oil change becon of doom came on again warning me that my oil was at 25% life. I’m currently at 79,994 miles and not supposed to be due for another oil change until about 81000ish miles (if you go by the 3 month, 3000mile rule). 

I have no dash lights on. The car is driving excellent. Checked the oil and it looks fine. I see no signs of leaks.

Has anyone else had this issue? Should I be concerned? Any advice is appreciated. TIA

Archived