'93 with <120k but transmission trouble - what is his fate?

chrispyc1211

Hey all,

I have a 1993 10th Anniversary Accord, fondly known as Hubert. After spending many years as a grandma's grocery-getter, he's been my daily driver for several years but still has only ~117k miles on the odometer.

...yet the transmission is slipping.

There are a few other leaks developing, and my trusted mechanic recommended that it wouldn't be worth more money for repairs. Also, the car is in CA Bay Area with a Colorado registration and a Washington title, so I'm not sure what hoops might be required for a private sale.

I'm sure many of you have been in this position before. Is there a better option than a scrap yard? Or a group of enthusiasts that could give him a good home? Please let me know any insights you might have, since this is a new situation for me. Thanks for your expertise!