CRV trains fluid change

Hi, I just joined the forum, I have a 2013 CRV AWD with 54k on the clock. I use Jiffy Lube to keep the oil changed because it's my wife's vehicle and she is on the road constantly. Recently they wanted to change the trans fluid so I asked them how they did it. They said they suck the fluid out with a pump then add the new. I asked about changing the filter inside the pan, they said it could damage the trans if they do that. My question is this.

Does the transmission in my CRV have an internal filter (inside the pan) that can be changed?

I've been a fleet mechanic (school buses & vans) for over 10 years and we have always changed trans fluid & filter. I have never worked on any Honda's, but I can't imagine that it would be any different with that brand.

I welcome any opinions, thanks, Luke

Pretty sure there is a filter there that should be replaced with the fluid.

However, I would not trust a jiffy lube to do the job. Who knows what type of fluid theyre putting back in.

If you don't want to do it yourself, how much was it to have done at the dealer?

Archived