Light problem

tomegun

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I bit the bullet and paid the dealer an additional $1050 to fix the problem. That brought the grand total to around $1400! That was about 3 weeks to a month ago. Now, you guessed it, the abs light is on again. I'm not a happy camper at all. I'm taking it back to the dealer on Monday. The brake light is also on even though the hand brake is not engaged. The hand brake does still work but the light is on. If they try to charge me again I'm going to have a huge problem.

If they try to charge me again I'm going to have a huge problem.

I would think that's exactly what they're going to do, charge you. Sounds like this dealer is taking you for a ride. If you go back to my original post I told you that I thought this dealership might be taking advantage of you. They could have intentionally messed around with your brake system, so they could charge you for something else.

I had a friend who worked for a Honda dealership and he would intentionally mess with peoples car so they would have to return with a different problem. My friend Raph told me he only does this because he's told to.

Tomegun, the dealership is responsible for fixing your modulator and accumulator if you paid them and its documented (else take to court). Most likely the ABS module is working ok, but the mechanic forgot to clear that error code from your ECU's memory (which they should always do).

Personally, I doubt you needed to get your modulator replaced, which should have saved you a considerable amount. Did you get that part back from the mechanic, or at least get to inspect it ??? If you could still get it, you should take it to a different mechanic and have them inspect it to see if its operational. Likely they can hook up a multimeter to the input/output terminals and measure voltage and resistance, and if they match up with the original specs (minor % errors are ok), then the part should be good.

w00t

Archived