problem with cd player removal

autochiapet

I have a 95 civic and I'm trying to install a new cd player in it. Problem is I can't get the current one out. I've unscrewed the barce behind it but its firmly stuck in there.

The deck in right now is a Kenwood and the new one is an Alpine. Online tutorials all refer to the 2 screws which hold in the stock cd deck but instead the kenwood had this bracket to unscrew. I still cant find anything thing else holding it in.

• 8 months later...

ok. you should stop looking at stock deck removal guides and start looking at aftermarket deck removal guides( if there is one) kenwood isn't stock, ergot there is a metal sleeve that was installed and then the teeth were bent out so that the sleeve doesn't come out. then the deck slips into the sleeve and locks in. it only locks in one way and connot be removed by anything else other than taking the radio surround out and prying it out through the back. hope this helps

Can't find em' ....Grind em!

FamilyCar

• 3 weeks later...

you should try going to a local car audio shop maybe a kenwood dealer and see if they have any removal keys. they come with the any radio in the box when you buy one new. the keys slide down each side of the unit to release the locking tabs if you can't find any keys try using two butter knifes. a little hillbilly but you gotta do what ya gotta do!!

Archived