Auto Box Nightmare!

toorudelude

:mad: I bought my 98 prelude 12 months ago and have paid £3000 and have only drove the car for 5 months. The rest of the time its been in the garage having the box rebuilt... Its had 3 rebuilds and just had a completely different box put in and the problem still seems to be there??? I can tell because sometimes it feels like the car its in neutral for a second before it transfers the power to the wheels, and the response doesnt feel as it should from the accelerator. I feel like crying. Could this be an electrical problem? Apparently it has had everything replaced, solenoids, clutches etc...(Although Im no expert so cant tell). Has anyone seen this before? Could it be something to do with a clifford alarm I had fitted when I bought the car?(Is that a silly question?) Could it be the ECU? Thanks for any help...

I thought I would test the water and look at a trade in at Honda in Rostrevor, N.Ireland. They offered me £3000 in a trade in for a Jazz and said I would be doing well to get that anywhere else... Joke. (These were the people that repaired the box for me and promised me a good trade in deal!)...

Anyone know someone good I could talk to get this fixed?

Archived